Tour to Gorodets from Nizhny Novgorod
Tour to Gorodets from Nizhny Novgorod
Departure from Nizhny Novgorod to Gorodets (80 km).
During the sightseeing tour of Gorodets you will visit with a guide the so-called “museum quarter” of Gorodets, in which almost all houses are unique and decorated with open-work carvings. So these streets recreate the spirit of the old merchant town.
• Visiting the area of Feodorovsky Monastery.
Feodorovsky Monastery is the man’s monastery in Gorodets, which is connected with acquisition of the icon of the Virgin – one of the most honorable icons of the Virgin in Russia. You will also walk along the beautiful area of the monastery and learn unconventional and eventful history of this place from your guide.
• Visiting museum "Terem of the Russian Samovar".
The museum was opened in 2008 in the house of merchant Grishaev (this house is an architectural monument of the 19th century). Platbands and other elements of the facade of the house are decorated with different kinds of carvings, which give this building a festive and unique look. The basis of the collection was Nikolay Polyakov’s unique collection of samovars. Currently, there are more than 500 samovars and other tea items. The biggest samovar in the collection is samovar for 53 litres and the smallest one is for 75 grams.
• Visiting museum of wood architecture "the City of masters".
You can not only get to know crafts of the Nizhny Novgorod region, but also learn one of them by attending one of the workshops (for an additional fee). There you can visit a master-class and learn how to paint on a whistle-toy.
Departure from Gorodets and arrival in Nizhny Novgorod.
The price list:
The cost for 2 people – 20,000 rub.
The cost for 4 people – 28,000 rub.
The cost for 8 people – 36,000 rub.
The cost for 15 people – 48,000 rub.
The cost for 30 people – 75,000 rub.
Gorodets is the oldest town in the Nizhny Novgorod area
The modern fabulous appearance of the city was developed at the time when Gorodets became the centre of ship-building and trade. There are many unconventional things that give Gorodets special charm and uniqueness, for example, small cosy streets, picturesque alleys and bridges. Moreover, tourists are usually impressed by houses with a “blind carving” that are decorated with interwoven branches and vineyards. Tourists are also attracted by old merchant mansions with open-work smoke holes, porches, elegant gates with vases full of flowers and figures of animals and birds on the roofs.
You will see a wonderful world, that is created by local handcrafts, in the Regional Museum. Visitors will see such things as spinning wheels (distaff) decorated with bright paintings, gold-embroidered handkerchiefs, etc.
Gorodets is a real “museum-capital” of the Nizhny Novgorod district:
• In the Regional Museum you will learn about the history of Gorodets as a defensive fortress of the 12th century and as a merchant town of the 19th century.
• In the museum "Terem of the Russian Samovar" you will see a unique and the largest collection of samovars in Russia.
• The museum of toys will be really interesting for younger students.
• In the Gingerbread Museum you will learn about some of traditional Gorodets crafts.
• In the recently opened museum "the City of masters" are gathered expositions dedicated to all Gorodets crafts. It is possible to organize master-classes and tea parties in the museum of toys and in “the City of masters”.
In addition, not that far from Gorodets there is a unique resting place. In the area of the village Nikola-Klyuch, in a dense forest, springs hitting out of the ground with healing water. A really long time ago there was a chapel and in the middle of the summer locals were getting together and celebrating the holiday of Ivana Kupala. They were burning a fire, swimming in special pools and having fun.
We invite you to attend an exciting bus-tour to Gorodets from Nizhny Novgorod! We hope you will enjoy it with us.